OPENING: Indianapolis Opera Resident Assistant Director
JOB TITLE: Resident Assistant Director/Education Production Coordinator
The Assistant Director/Education Production Coordinator is responsible for assisting the General Director with production management and, separately, cultivating artistic programming for the Indianapolis Opera Resident Artists (IORA). Full position details below.
- Resident Artist Programmer/Stage Director
- Program all IORA recitals, including the “Opera on the Move” series, “Sundays at the Basile,” and other neighborhood events.
- Direct one children’s opera per school semester (fall and spring).
- During odd-year seasons (next upcoming: 2022), either write or select a children’s opera for two-year, touring production cycle. This would also include designing the production with the use of our ample props supply.
- Production Manager
- Issuing and receiving artistic materials related to all productions, including for labor, services, or rentals.
- Keeping deadlines on-track for contracts, design, and scheduling (lead master 6 month production schedule)
- Create welcome materials prior to rehearsal, including information related to accommodations, schedules, and company policies for performers or artistic staff.
- Assistant Director
- Serve as an assistant director during mainstage productions throughout the season (one concert, 2 shows, one workshop)
TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Address with subject line “Resident Assistant Director Applicant,” with materials addressed to David Starkey. Additional questions may be sent to office staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (317) 283-3531.
The Indianapolis Opera hotel of choice: The Schahet Hotel